Join Stella in support of Hope Worldwide's International Day of Giving Campaign
One Child at a Time
Education is empowerment. It is important to feed the mind as well as the body. Today you can make an impact on a child’s future who may not have a chance to get an education due to impoverishment, especially in a third world country where most children are forced to work to support their families.
Please open up your heart and consider the following statistics from the World Bank (2012):
• “Around 75 million primary school age children around the world aren’t in school.
• More than half–55%–of out-of-school children are girls.
• More than 70% of the out-of-school children are in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
• Of those who go to school, many drop out before they master basic reading, writing and math skills; in half of developing countries about one-fifth of primary school pupils don’t reach the last grade of primary school; in sub-Saharan Africa, only 67% of students reach the last grade of primary school.
• Around 776 million adults in the world are illiterate. Women account for 2/3 of all illiterate adults.
• Enrollment in tertiary education (enrolling in a university) in developing countries was less than 20% in 2006, compared to 67% in developed countries.
• North America and Western Europe spend an average of $5,500 per student each year while countries in Sub-Saharan Africa spend $167.
• Child malnutrition is a global epidemic that affects one in three children under the age of 5 and undermines their ability to learn.”
You are the solution to this problem. By making a contribution right now, you can help reduce poverty and see your impact on the life you change.
You'll see the impact of your donation on the actual recipient.HOPE worldwide is on the ground providing support to victims of Hurricane Sandy Ramesh proudly sends both his daughters to school
About our mission
Did you know….?
- 1 in 2 people live on less than $2 a day? (that’s less than a tall latte at your favorite coffee shop!)
- 800 million people go hungry every day? (that’s 3 times the U.S. population!)
- 1 in 6 people in the world don’t have access to safe water – or even the most basic healthcare?
- Nearly 1 in 4 adults in the developing world cannot read or write
HOPE worldwide is an international charity that changes lives by harnessing the compassion and commitment of dedicated staff and volunteers to deliver sustainable, high-impact, community-based services to the poor and needy. To see more information on HOPE worldwide click here »