Join Bradley in support of Pratham USA Readathon 2016 (Village Elementary School)
- What is the Readathon?
- Pratham USA Readathon 2016 is a fundraising initiative that encourages kids in the U.S. to read books and raise money to help underprivileged kids in India learn to read, write and count.
- How does it work?
- With a parent’s help, kids ask their friends and family to donate money to Pratham for every book they read. The more books they read and the more people they ask, the more money they raise.
- Where does my money go?
- All donations to the Readathon go to support Pratham’s work for child education in India. With the help of trained professionals and dedicated volunteers, Pratham runs pre-schools and after-school programs in many cities and villages of India so that underprivileged children can read, write and count at their appropriate grade level. Pratham needs only $25 to educate one child for one whole year.
- Who can participate?
- Kids of any age can participate (adults too!). Children too young to read can have a parent or older siblings read to them.
- Why participate?
- Reading is good for everyone. Reading to help others learn to read is Great! Participating in this Readathon is an amazing way to do community service and enjoy the benefits of reading at the same time – expanded vocabulary, improved communication skills and increased knowledge.
- Are there prizes?
- Yes! Medals and Trophies for readers who raise more money so that more kids are helped. A Young Reader Award for the reader who raises the most money and a Young Leader Award for the Readathon Coordinator who demonstrates strong leadership skills and whose team raises a significant amount of money. Certificates of Appreciation for all readers.
- What is a Readathon Coordinator?
- A Readathon Coordinator (RC) is a high school student who leads a team of younger readers and guides, supports and cheers them on in meeting their reading and fundraising goals for the Readathon. An RC will learn good management and leadership skills and can also enjoy all the benefits of being a reader. Volunteering experience as RC may be used to fulfill honor society requirements or to build up the resume.
- How do I know if my donation makes a difference?
- In addition to various impact stories you can read here some participating families have also visited Pratham programs in India to see the impact with their own eyes. You can contact us if you want to plan a visit to a Pratham site or have specific questions. In addition, Pratham is a four star rated charity (highest possible rating) by the Charity Navigator.
- I want more details.
- Here are some more details about Readathon. Here is more information about Pratham.