Jobs at SeeYourImpact
SeeYourImpact.org is a revolutionary new social enterprise based in Seattle. We’re making philanthropy more transparent, contagious and joyful by showing donors the direct impact of their donations.
Interested in joining our team of social entrepreneurs or know someone who is? Apply for the positions below by emailing us at Jobs@SeeYourImpact.org.
We are looking for a creative and talented senior developer to join us in creating a revolutionary way to help those in need around the world and next door. You’ll be our second development hire, working directly with the CTO on the technologies that handle the features & operation of our site, redistribute rich audio/video media through social networks, and carry our message to mobile devices across the globe. We’ll rely on you to define, design and implement robust, high-performing solutions that carry us through years of growth. Best yet, you’ll be building a platform that has the opportunity to impact millions of lives in a truly meaningful way.
- You love LAMP (our P is PHP)
- You’re opinionated about languages, frameworks, and tools, and enjoy learning and working with new technologies
- Your experience goes beyond web/dynamic frameworks to include knowledge of classic OOP (C# / Java / equivalent); native desktop/mobile app experience preferred
- You’re thorough and detail-oriented in your code and user interface deliveries
- You have a Computer Science degree (or equivalent) and 5+ years of experience in a software development environment
- You’ve worked in a startup environment and are self-driven and adaptable to changing circumstances (lowercase-A “agile”)
- You have the user empathy required to design and implement features with minimal “PM” oversight
- You have a passion for applying your tremendous development skills to impact people beyond the borders of our “connected” world
- We’ll implement a front-end proxy & cache (Varnish / Memcache)
- We’ll build an asynchronous queue for background tasks (Beanstalk)
- We’ll relocate to a host with better management of our resources (AWS)
- We’ll build rich front-ends for web and mobile (“HTML5″ / JQuery / Sencha)
- We’ll extend our integration into social services (FB Connect / Twitter / OAuth)
- We’ll set up a side database for back-end services (MongoDB)
- We’ll shore up our integration, testing, and deployment procedures
- We’ll continue a variety of projects around payment processor integration, transactional e-mail delivery, user behavior analysis and A/B testing, and more.
- URLs of sites for which you have done a majority of the design and implementation
- Your expected compensation
- An example of a social impact you have personally made in this world!